God has used you to minister to Diana’s family and many other families like hers. Because of your generosity, Diana’s utility debt was paid. In addition, her kids received after-school tutoring, and each family member now has their own bed to sleep on. Best of all, your prayer and support has allowed people like Diana to discover the hope of Christ through the local church. Each month, Diana’s family has become more involved at our church. They attend church activities three days per week. Her kids love Jesus, and they know Jesus loves them. Once resistant to attend a church service for fear of being judged, Diana is now inviting her friends to church. Praise God!
“Be the Church” Neighborhood Impact is a Spirit-led movement that encourages the local church to be Christlike neighbors to the Dianas of the world. We are part of the Impact Ministries team at Colonial Presbyterian Church, and because of your partnership, we are able to effectively minister to neighbors in poverty near the Wornall campus.
In 2015, “Be the Church” celebrated the following milestones:
- 3 computers were installed at our church’s duplex by Connecting for Good.
- 4 current or former Summer Staffers lived in the church duplex at Holmes Gardens.
- 7 neighborhood kids have received scholarships to attend Christian schools.
- 9 Holmes Gardens residents attended our Discovery Bible Study.
- 18 full Thanksgiving meals were delivered at Turkey Bowl.
- 30 neighborhood children and youth attended Wednesday night programs, on average.
- 32 ministry partners and volunteers served in some capacity.
- 37 different families have donated money.
- 41 neighborhood kids received Christmas gifts.
- 550 articles of clothing and household items were distributed at our annual block party.
- 1,090 meals were served to low-income neighbors at Wornall Wednesdays.
With this in mind, would you prayerfully consider pledging to “Be the Church” in 2016? Fifty-eight percent of 2016 funds have yet to be raised. Checks should be made payable to Colonial with “Be the Church” in the memo (9500 Wornall Road, Kansas City, MO 64114 C/O Mark Potter). Online donations are accepted by clicking the "Give" button on this page. Donations are tax deductible.